Click here for the recipe in PDF version (to print)
Yield: 2 ½ dozen (depending on your cookie cutter size)
1 cup (225g) margarine or butter, at room temp.
1 ¾ cup (350g) sugar
2 eggs, at room temp
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup (230g) sour cream
¼ tsp lemon or almond extract
5 ½ (700g) cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 ½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
Buttercream frosting ingredients:
¾ cup (170g) of butter
3 ½ cup (435g) powdered sugar
3-4 Tbsp heavy cream
1 tsp Vanilla extract
Food coloring and sprinkles
Cream cheese frosting ingredients:
8 oz (225g) cream cheese, softened
½ stick (55g) of butter, softened
3 cups (375g) powdered sugar
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- In a large bowl mix together margarine and sugar. Beat until creamy. Add in eggs, vanilla, lemon extract and sour cream and mix together until combined.
- In a separate bowl mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Slowly add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix just until combined.
- Split dough in two and place in saran wrap. Refrigerate dough for 1-2 hours.
- Once dough has been chilled roll out dough on a bakers mat or parchment paper. Add another 1/4 (30g) – 1/2 (65g) cup flour if dough is still sticky. Cut with floured cookie cutter.
- Bake at 350° F for 8-9 minutes.
- For both the buttercream and cream cheese frosting combine all listed ingredients, mix with an electric mixer until smooth. Frost on cooled cookies and serve 🙂