Ingredients for the donuts:
- 120g flour
- 1/2cc baking powder
- 1/2cc baking soda
- 1/4cc salt
- 125ml sour cream
- 112g sugar + for coating the donuts
- 60ml vegetable oil
- 1/2cc vanilla paste
- 1 large egg
- Preheat the oven to 180° C. Prepare a donuts pan by greasing it with non-stick spray or vegetable oil.
- In a bowl. whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set the dry ingredients aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sour cream, granulated sugar, vegetable oil, vanilla paste and the egg.
- Switch to a spatula and gently stir in the dry ingredients.
- Fill a pastry bag (without a tip) with the batter and pipe it evenly among the prepared donuts pan. The batter should reach about half way up the inside of each donut pan.
- Bake the donuts for 12-14 minutes until the top edges begin to turn golden brown.
- Let the donuts cool for about 5 minutes before tossing them in the extra granulated sugar.
To cover the donut with glaze, watch the donuts glaze recipe.
Ingredients for the vanilla glaze:
- 51/3 cups (600 g) confectioner’s sugar
- 1 stick (112 g) unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons (42 g) whole milk
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons (72 g) water
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeded (optional)
- ½ teaspoon (2 g) fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons (10 g) vanilla extract
- Sift the confectioner’s sugar into a large bowl. Add the remaining the ingredients and whisk by hand (or using a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment) until smooth.
- Cover with plastic wrap and set aside at room temperature until ready to use.
To make a thicker glaze, slowly add confectioner’s sugar to desired consistency.